Discovery to Commercial Scale
Unique Taste Masking
Complimyx® Bitter Receptor Blocker – Bittermyx® BB68
- Produced by Senomyx (San Diego)
- Improves palatability of many bitter ingredients in pharmaceuticals and foods
- Functions by inhibiting specific human bitter taste receptor(s) on tongue
- Heat and pH stable
- Improve existing formulations, Develop new formulations
- Does not require increasing sweetener or flavor load
- FEMA GRAS, JECFA approval
- Exclusive Bitter Receptors Screening Service
- Determine the potency and efficacy drugs, drug products, and reference compounds against the 22 human TAS2R bitterness receptors
- Host cells have been constructed that contain a clone of the receptor, the coupling G-protein, and a fluorescent reporter.
- Binding of a bitter compound to a TAS2R leads to activation of the signal transduction pathway and an increase in fluorescence, enabling generation of dose-response data.
- Available to test per API per receptor for response as well as testing against proprietary antagonists